By submitting your pet into the contest, you agree and consent that the Albuquerque Journal has your permission to publish your pet’s name and information, photo, and the owner’s name online and in print, and may use these images to promote the contest and or the Albuquerque Journal.
Employees of the Albuquerque Journal and its affiliates, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win.
All entry fees are non-refundable. All entries subject to approval by the Albuquerque Journal.
Entry and voting fees can only be paid via credit card - No cash or checks will be accepted.
1. Entry forms and photos need to be submitted online at URL: abqjournal.com/petcontest
If you don’t have access to a computer but would still like to submit a pet picture, simply bring your photo and entry fee to the Journal and we will submit it for you.
2. Entry fee is $25 per pet, per photo which is paid online at the above address by credit card.
3. Your pet’s name and photo will appear in the Pet Calendar website during the first voting period, September 25 through October 28.
4. Anyone can vote for the pet(s) of their choice during the first voting period online. Each vote can be placed for $1 per selection. There is a 5 vote minimum per pet.
5. The Albuquerque Journal proudly supports all animals and pet awareness and health, with 10% of all voting proceeds collected during voting donated to Almost Home New Mexico and Lap Dog Rescue.
6. The 25 pets with the most votes in the first round will advance to finalist round, and will receive a professional pet photo session.
7. Anyone can vote in finalist round for the pet(s) of their choice online for $2 per vote October 30 through November 22. There is a minimum of 3 votes per pet. Votes do not carry over from the first round. All pets will start at 0 votes at beginning of final round.
8. The 13 top votes from the finalist round will become the photos for our 2021 calendar, distributed to households throughout New Mexico in the December 27th edition of Albuquerque Journal.
9. By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Albuquerque Publishing Company as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
10. By participating, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
505 823 3301