“On the Farm” Photo Contest 2020
A fundraiser benefitting San Diego County Farm Bureau
Photo Contest Rules
Deadline: Submit Entries by September 20, 2020
Am I eligible?
The contest is open to any amateur photographer (one who does not regularly receive income from photography) and who is one of the following:
- an individual member of the San Diego County Farm Bureau or Friends of Farming.
- an individual designated by an entity that is a member of the San Diego County Farm Bureau and derives benefits from that membership. (i.e. family member or company employee)
What is the subject matter?
Photos must showcase San Diego agriculture, depicting subjects such as fresh food, farm products being grown or harvested, animals on the farm, family farm life, people working on the farm or ranch or rural scenery.
How many photos may I enter?
An entrant may submit up to three photos.
What are the prizes?
- One Grand Prize winner - Top vote-getting photo will receive: Photo featured as cover of Sourcebook Calendar; Complimentary Farm Bureau Membership for 1 year; $100 Grangetto Gift Card and Farm Bureau Gift Basket.
- Next top 12 vote-getting photos will secure a monthly spot in Sourcebook calendar plus a Farm Bureau Gift Basket.
- Photos must highlight San Diego agriculture as described in “What is the subject matter?” above.
- Photo must be of photographers farm or must receive permission from farm owner to submit photo.
- Photos may not have been or be entered in any other contest.
- Photos must accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos digitally altered beyond standard optimization (e.g., overly altered or filtered) will not be chosen. Sepia and black-and-white photos are acceptable.
- Provide a title on the entry form that accurately describes your photo.
- A completed entry form must be submitted for each photo entered online. Incomplete entry forms will not be accepted.
- San Diego County Farm Bureau may, without offering any consideration to or obtaining the further permission of its submitter, use any submitted photo for any purpose, such as publishing it in Monday Update or SD Grown or Sourcebook magazine, posting it on websites or social media or reproducing it for Farm Bureau use.
- This is photo contest is a fundraiser benefitting the San Diego County Farm Bureau. Winners will be selected by an online voting system where Farm Bureau members or members of the public can donate $5, or more, to the Farm Bureau in exchange for a vote to the winning photo. All decisions by San Diego County Farm Bureau as to the interpretation of these rules or the judging of photos are in its sole discretion and final.
Digital Photos Specifications:
- All entries must have a resolution of 6 megapixels or greater. For more information, see “Image quality” below.
- Images from mobile devices may be submitted if they adhere to the resolution requirement (see “Image quality” below)
- Turn off the date stamp option on your camera. Photos on which a date stamp or photographer’s name is visible may be disqualified.
- All digital photos must be in .jpg format.
- Images not meeting these specifications may be disqualified.
- Set your camera or mobile device to the highest image-quality setting. High-resolution settings may vary depending on brand, so check the documentation that came with your device. To ensure print standards and quality, submit images as high-resolution files. If shooting in RAW, export as a high-resolution .jpg (300 dpi) via your image editing software.
- Resolution can be calculated by multiplying the pixel width of the image by the pixel height. For example, a photograph taken with a 6-megapixel camera set for highest resolution and best quality produces images of about 2832 pixels by 2128 pixels, which are acceptable under the rules (2832 x 2128 = 6 million pixels). Digital images must be of sufficient resolution to reproduce well on the printed page.
What is the entry deadline?
Entries must be entered via email or online between September 7 and 20, 2020. Online voting will begin September 28th and closes on October 18th. Dates are subject to change, with all contestant entries notified in the event of any deadline changes.
How do I enter?
Enter online right here! For help, please email email@example.com
Notification of Winners
Winners will be notified by email or phone by October 23rd, 2020.
By entering this contest, you grant San Diego County Farm Bureau a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, publish, display, distribute, reproduce, edit, adapt, and create derivative works of the submitted photograph, in whole or in part, in any media now known or hereafter developed or discovered, including in use on websites, in publications and for promotional purposes, without compensation or prior notice to you or your successors or assigns, or any other person or entity. Entering a submission in this contest constitutes your irrevocable assignment, conveyance, and transference to San Diego County Farm Bureau of these rights.
Contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-745-3023.